Friday, December 18, 2009

Woodland Goddess

The prints of J.H. Lynch were a ubiquitous part of the 60s/70s. Strangely though, for an artist who's work was reproduced by the thousands, his identity remained a mystery. That was until Mario Klingemann set up www.jhlynch.org, and managed to track him down. His site remains one of the best sources of information on Lynch prints to-date.

As luck would have it, I manged to pick up my "Woodland Goddess" in Ballarat for $30 back when Lynch prints were selling for $80 in Melb. Last I saw (Lost & Found Market) they're up around $200 now!


"Woodland Goddess" by Joseph Henry Lynch, pre-1965

5 comments:

  1. Hii :) Gosh it's crazy isn't it!!
    Good quality ones can go up to $400
    Often they're faded or water damaged and they can still fetch well over $100 on eBay!
    At Camberwell markets I see them for $250 easy!
    Pretty funny for a print.
    I showed my Dad I wanted one a while ago, and he said, why do you want one of those? They're at every garage sale!!
    (He obviously hasn't been to a garage sale in years) But they really were back in the day!!
    Probably like bratz dolls now haha.
    Very good find and at a great price!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Trish, yes prices are going through the roof. I was lucky with mine, picked it up several years ago, no water marks or fading and only a couple of very minor scratches. The one I saw at the L&FM (2 mnths ago) was not as nice as the one I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it.

    Have you ever been to www.etsy.com? They have awesome vintage stuff. Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks SHW, yes Etsy I know but I've only associated it with fashion & craft, so haven't gone there much. I'll have to check it out a bit more thoroughly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just bought one which I will be selling soon I now wonder what price it will fetch.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...