Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

It's been a restful week-off being a tourist in my own town, doing the rounds of the local secondhand & antique shops (Salvos, Vinnies, Junkatique & Main Rd Shops, A&C Centre, Antique Effects, etc.) as well as checking out the new Mill Market. Also met Dear Prudence & sussed out her Sturt St shop for the first time.

With all of that I still only managed to come home with a few early 1960's mens "skinny" neckties, increasing my collection of these from one to four. I especially like the the olive one on the end, with it's "space age" atom symbol.

Early 1960s (late 50s?) 2 inch mens ties, $3-4 ea. from the Salvos & Junkatique

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Trish, I see that late 50s/early 60s skinny suits & narrow ties are back for the fashionable young man. Pity then I don't fit into either category anymore (ie. fashionable or young!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...