Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Saloon Bar

Thanks to a tip-off from the delightful Julie of BVS, discovered the new Saloon Bar (59 Humffray St Nth) last Sunday arvo. Nestled between shops across the road from the Ballarat Leagues Club, this little venue has boutique beers, tapas, a touch of retro (old armchairs/couches) and live music a couple of nights a week. We took our drinks in the shady & secluded beer garden out back.


Mobile phone pics of the beer garden, wish I'd taken some shots of the inside.

Update: Feb 15, 2011. Driving past last week I noticed the Saloon Bar has closed, however a sign in the window said "Babushka, Bar Cafe Lounge Gallery" will be opening there soon (see also their Facebook page). I'll be interested to see what they do with the place.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you guys when to check it out. I still haven't made it there yet, but from all accounts it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thanks for the tip. It doesn't look much from the outside (just a plain shopfront), and we were the only patrons there at the time. I'd like to go back & see what it's like in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is awesome of an evening and on the second Sunday of a month plans to start hosting a poetry gig. Don't know if that makes it wicked awesome, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update msdebbie, its good to know the bar is doing well. I still haven't managed to get back there in the evenings yet, but hope to sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...